Lipobeads™ are a uniform, spherical, semi-solid matrix of lactose or mannitol, microcrystalline cellulose and hydroxypropyl methylcellulose colored by pigments.
- Supplied as dry microbeads
- Hydrate in aqueous formulations in approx 4-6 hours
- When the product is applied, microbeads disappear upon rub out
- Can withstand high shear processing without breaking
- Two size ranges:
- 700 microns average
- 1500 microns average
- Can contain hydrophobic or hydrophilic core materials.
- Popular internal phases:
- Vitamins A, E and C
- Natural oils such as Tea Tree Oil
- Antibacterial agents such as Triclosan.
- Lipobeads™ contain a maximum load of 5%.
Lipobead™ Product Usage Tips:
The Lipobead™ product line is very easy to utilize when formulating and processing. Follow these simple guidelines to facilitate trouble-free processing and to optimize the stability and utility of the final product.
- Avoid a pH below 6.5 especially when using Lipobeads™ containing ultramarine pigments
- When using Lipobead™ products, avoid strong solvents like:
- Butyl Acetate
- Aromatic Solvents
- Formulations must contain a minimum of 15% water for the Lipobeads™ to fully hydrate.
Please contact our technical service group for further advice on formulating with Lipobead™ products. Email us at: email@example.com