Liposphere™ products consist of many small droplets of material entrapped in a polymer matrix. A unique property of this system is that both hydrophobic and hydrophilic materials can be incorporated into the product.
- Animal, vegetable or synthetic polymers
- Sizes from 400-4000 microns
- Delivered in slurry form
- Available in alginate, agar and gelatin matrices.
Customized samples are available upon request.
“Encapsulation is a great way to generate brand differentiation by creating striking visual effects, or by enhancing the delivery of active ingredients.”
Liposphere™ Product Usage Tips:
The Liposphere™ product line is very easy to work with when formulating and processing; however, it is suggested that some simple guidelines be followed to optimize the stability and utility of the final product and to facilitate trouble-free processing.
- Maintain a moderate pH; near neutral as a general rule.
- Avoid a high pH, especially when working with gelatin Lipospheres™ .
- Avoid a pH level below 6.5 when using Lipospheres™ that contain an ultramarine pigment.
- Especially avoid high temperatures when using Liposphere™ products:
- For alginates and agar, avoid temperatures approaching 80C
- For gelatin, avoid temperatures above 35C
- Less than 50% surfactant is recommended.
- Avoid monovalent cations in formulations containing alginate Liposphere™ products, such as potassium and sodium.
- Add Lipospheres™ at room temperature, generally at the point in the formulation when one would add fragrance or colorants.
- When using gelatin Liposphere™ products, avoid the use of:
- Miscible fragrances
- Strong solvents (toluene, ketones, butyl acetate, cyclohexane)
- Aromatic solvents
Please contact our technical service group for further advice on formulating with Liposphere™ products. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org