Snap & Burst™ printing slurry, manufactured by Vantage Inc., is used for the production of fragrance promotional pieces. The product is easily identifiable as having a folded flap of paper that, when unfolded, releases microencapsulated fragrance oil. This method of advertising fragrance has become the most successful way of advertising fine fragrances in the United States.
Snap & Burst™ Properties and Applications
- A water-based printing coating
- Contains water based fugitive adhesive binders
- Contains microencapsulated fragrance oil
- Delivered to printers in press-ready form
- A finishing process, after ink is applied and dried on paper
- Immediately after fragrance application paper is folded, piece can be cut and packaged as any other print material.
- Application methods include:
- Remoistenable glue stations
- Simplified extrusion methods